Email - Inbound Routing Rules (Nothing happening)

Mark (ESC)

We have tried to give the Email - Inbound Routing Rules a go, and have setup a single rule to update requests on the SR or IN reference.

image.png.81641f2362fd58f15081ed43220d4556.png

Done some testing, but nothing seems to be actioned.

Expression is set to REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*\b[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}\b.*') for our typical subject line replies of "RE: ICT Service Desk - (Company Name) - New Call Logged, Reference IN00038936"

If any Forum user can post some examples (redacted) in this post that would be helpful.
The standard syntax to match to IN or SR value is not working for me "REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*\b[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}\b.*')"

Thanks

@Mark (ESC)

1. Create a new Folder in your Mailbox, called "Failed Updates" or similar.
  2. Set the "Target Folder Failure" to the new folder.
  3. Test again.

If the email lands in the Inbox, the Rule was never matched - please use the FAQs posted earlier to check why the Rule Expression is not picking up the email.

If the email lands in the "Failed Updates" folder the Update failed - please use the FAQs posted earlier to check why the update is failing (most commonly the email sender does not exist in the system or the from address is matching more than one user/contact in the system.)

• Thanks 1

@Steve Giller Back from leave.  Had one of those lightbulbs moments.

I was testing with a ticket that I had created and sending in test emails from the same email address.  Of course this does not work 🤪.
Asked a colleague to create a ticket for me and then tested with that, and yes it all works perfectly.

• Like 1