Annoying issue - being able to accidentally close Multi-line text popup fields by pressing ESC and not being prompted to save any data in there

samwoo

Good afternoon,

I was in the process of writing out the body of an email when I accidentally hit the escape button and it closed down the popup without prompting me to confirm if I wanted to close it down.

image.png.1fb724caa1629f061c0f121bf60674a4.png

Now I've lost at least about 50 lines of text/html. This is for the compose field for the Email Message Send node.

This has happened to me before but in the past numerous times with other multi-line text popup boxes, and is frustrating but I really needed to get this process live that it has made me quite annoyed. I know the advice might be to write everything outside of Hornbill, ie. in Notepad then copy it in, however the above field is as capable as using Notepad and doesn't always make sense to have to do things outside of Hornbill to copy it back into Hornbill.

I think that we should be prompted to cancel out of this field so we can either save the changes or completely cancel the changes.

What should happen is the system detects if this field had a value in before and compare to the value of the field after pressing ESC.

If there is a difference, then prompt "Do you wish to cancel the changes?" then the buttons "Yes", "Save changes and exit" or "No". 

Yes = takes the user back to the workflow screen
Save Changes and Quit = saves the changes to the field and takes the user back to the workflow screen
No = Keeps the user on the edit screen (in case they pressed ESC by accident, like I did)

Sorry for the rant, I really am dreading having to rewrite this again.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

• samwoo changed the title to Annoying issue - being able to accidentally close Multi-line text popup fields by pressing ESC and not being prompted to save any data in there