Allowing visibility of requests to managers or colleagues who are all basic users.

George Warren

Is there a way for our basic users to be able to see their colleagues tickets they have raised into us, they often want to check if things have been raised or check on things while they are on leave etc. 
The associated members to a request only lets us search for Users and not the basic users.

A supplier we use also uses hornbill and we see the option there, but i believe this is the guest view which we don't use in our instance. 
image.thumb.png.5563b4edb962080cfd6727d6d01827e7.png

Also I can see something similar mentioned here but required the Customer Manager Module. 

Working with Organizations - Hornbill - https://wiki.hornbill.com/

"Use the slider to decide against each contact to allow them to View Requests which have been raised not only be them, but other contacts from the organisation on the customer portal"

Two ways for you, using Connections

On ticket logging:

• In the Config for the Service/s concerned, set the Connections options to Allowed for both View and Collaborate for your desired connection type (e.g. Connection Type "Interested")
  • Configure your ICF form to give the user options to add other people as collaborators for their tickets each time they log them; these are user pickers; give them as many fields as they want and you could even give them a choice of adding people who can view or people who can act on the ticket
  • Set your workflows to detect if each of these fields is populated and if so to add that person as a Connection of the relevant type to allow view or act
  • They will then be able to see that ticket through it's lifecycle using the "Connections" tab/view in their portal

At any time in the lifecycle (we have this for some teams):

• Code a very simple workflow that allows an end user to enter a Request (ticket) number and a person from a user picker
  • The Workflow receives that reference and uses it to add the person as a Connection to the ticket reference
  • Privacy concerns:
    • Use the Subscribers feature to lock-down who can access this form so it doesn't allow anyone to access anyone else ticket. For example, either maintain a manual Organisation Group with this team or sync-in from AD to that group
    • You can have a check in the workflow that adds the Connection to ensure the ticket being updated meets certain criteria so they cannot add themselves to unsuitable tickets.

E.g. We have a team of PA/EA/Secretaries who support Councillors and they have access through a Subscriber-restricted Service to run this 'add collaborators' workflow to add themselves to any Councillor ticket using a check that the Customer of the ticket is in the Elected Members Organisation Group which is maintained and sync'd from Active Directory.

image.thumb.png.484b3dcf69dcfd972ae3c0800014f90b.png

• Thanks 1

@Berto2002 Thank you for this, so it is expected that the form option "connections" within an ICF is not visible when you raise via the company home?

However if i raise it as a full user via the new request option, enter my name as the customer and pick the same service catalog item, it shows the connection form as below.

Is this where you said you need to add custom form fields with dynamic drop downs set to user picker and then add the connections during the BPM using the response to these i assume. 
Its a shame the nice connection option cant be used by basic users from the company home, unless I'm missing something. 

image.thumb.png.7f7c491fe2909c1a726e311fcad4f054.png

Yes, my suggestion covers for the fact the basic users don't see the Interested Connections field option.

Service Manager Forms (hornbill.com) says

The Connections form allows the support person to select a connected customer at the time of raising the request. This form is only used by and visible to support staff when raising the request in Service Manager when using the full client.

• Connection Search
    Search for one or more customers that you would like to add as a connection to the request.
  • Connection Type
    A pick list of available Connection Types is available to allow you to select the type of connection being added.

Although nothing to stop you requesting this be flagged as an Enhancement opportunity. I would support it.

• Thanks 1