Copy Request - Unable to edit certain Intelligent Capture answers

Will J Douglas

Hi,

When I use the copy request function, I'm unable to edit the answers to some of the questions captured in the original intelligent capture.

I want to use this function for example to copy a change request and then edit parameters, the use case would be a create a change request for deployment to a test population.  Copy the request to create a second change request for deployment to full business.

Most of the details would be the same except for change risk, dates and times.

However, I'm unable to edit the following:  Scheduled Start Date/Time / Scheduled Finish Date/Time. Change Risk Assessment, Change Request Type, Change Request Category, Agreed with Business Owner.

This seriously limits the usefulness of this function.

Regards,

Will.

Only questions that populate Text fields are able to be edited.

Can I ask for a fairly detailed example of how you'd like this to work, as there may be a better way of doing it - the purpose of "Copy Request" is to do what it says on the tin ... create a copy of the Request.
Using the Log Request -> New Change node may be more suitable here, as this gives control over what is and isn't copied.

Hi @Steve Giller

Thanks for your quick reply.

Typically, when making changes which will eventually deploy company wide, we-typically deploy to pilot groups first.

The change request for the pilot group might be Minor change, Low Risk and with a pre-agreed schedule.

Following a successfully change, we may want to copy all of the existing change information details (implementation, back out plans etc) except maybe the change is now Significant with Medium risk as its deployed to a wider pooler and some more critical machines and it also would have a different scheduled start and finish date.

I was trying to copy the change request, change a few key details and then log the new request.

Are you able to suggest a better way to do this?   Are you suggesting using an Autotask to create the new request from the old?  I wasn't entirely sure what you mean by Log Request - New Change Node.  When I select Raise New - Change it creates a blank request so I assume you meant something different.

Regards

Will.

The Log Request -> New Change node would need to be in the BPM Workflow - this may well work from an AutoTask but I haven't tested this.

The node allows you to select any of the following values to Copy - there is also an option to populate them with new values and you can mix and match new and copied values:
image.png

The node does provide the Reference of the new Request (which will be linked):
image.png

You can use this value to update the new Request with the Change Requests -> Update Request -> Details node, again using existing values (Get Request Details) or new ones:
image.png