Help with fixing Email Template - Summary not being populated

Sandip Bhogal

Hi,

I have a form digitised and when the user inputs data, ticket gets created, The end user is getting an email which does not populate the summary automatically instead shows the formula as shown below:

image.png.646a2eff5c3582e91fa7e4fa9044609e.png

Also the summary is not getting auto populated here as well:

image.png.8ad73c0de75e6ccb9beb1a149e2201a2.png

Would appreciate if i could get help on what i need to do to fix this from the template:

image.thumb.png.4f7aeb4557c55ad48e4cc20e237dd3fe.png

Many thanks

Sandip

If the Summary is not populated in either of those places the likelihood is that it is blank on the Request itself, this is the first check I would make.
Note: If the Workflow or a User has edited the Request Details it is the value at the time the email was sent that is important.

I would also recommend using the variable picker to inject any values into the Template - note that this uses {{.H_summary}} rather than {{.h_summary}}

It is also worth viewing the Template in "Source" view - sometimes formatting can break up a variable - i.e. is the value looks like this:
{<span style="font-size:12px;">{.H_summary}}</span></p>
rather than
<span style="font-size:12px;">{{.H_summary}}</span></p>
it will not work.

Hi Steve,

Im still struggling on getting this to work, i checked the email template and tried to make changes e.g. .H_summary from .h_summary still having same issue with the summary not showing up with the actual summary instead of formula displayed. 

Is there anything in particular you want me to check and get back to you on?

Appreciate your help. 

Sandip