Publishing Database Query to Reports

will.good

Hi,

It would be helpful for us, if there was functionality where we could publish a database direct query to reports viewer. We have a number of database direct queries that are set up that it would be helpful to be created as runnable reports, utilising the same functionality such a date filters that exist in the current reporting areas. Would be helpful, so we can share with other members of the team to run (without the need to give them database direct access), also being able to set these up to run frequently / via email would be helpful. 

Probably a lot more complicated than I imagine, but nonetheless just putting it out there :)

13 hours ago, will.good said:

publish a database direct query to reports viewer

@will.good so what is requested here is basically a report... which we have as functionality. I'll expand on this: I do understand that DB queries give far more options and flexibility in terms of filters and such but at the same time DB queries are gated behind SQL knowledge and knowledge about our data model and structure which not every user has and is certainly not something we would require from any user. Also, it is always a possibility that a specific query is poorly constructed causing issues for an instance. For these reasons, we will not expand Direct DB beyond what it is now. My advice here is that if the current reporting engine does not allow you to build a report that returns the results that a certain query returns, then request the reporting functionality to be enhanced.