Help add extra option on a custom form

Sandip Bhogal

Hi guys, 

I have a case where when a user selects the "other" option from the form i want to then be able to gather another single text field for them to put in the name etc. 

How can i do this? Below is the screenshot of what it currently looks like:

image.thumb.png.c1b2fa7b4e9bd1e07c8dc15013c73067.png

If they click on Other i want another option below for them to put in the name etc. Dont know how to do this would appreciate your help. 

Many thanks

Sandip

Create a new single line text field and under 'Default flags' untick "this field will be visible on the form".

Under the override flags, create a new condition with "this field will be visible on the form" ticked. For the condition, select the name of the field where the user selects other and have that == "Other". You can also make the field mandatory when it appears too, if you want.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

We usually get Carenotes user form with multiple usernames on them which we then ask what access they specifically need, its better than having carenotes access user form for just 1x person if i make it live on the employee portal so im trying to see if there are any other options available. 

If these are Users (i.e. Hornbill Co-Workers/Contacts) that you want to be validated against their account, then not really, especially if there are an unknown number.

You could possibly:

Set the form up with a New User/Amendment question and Name entry
Add a conditional field so that when Name 1 is filled in, the 2nd question/Name inputs are displayed (non-mandatory in case there's only one)
Add a conditional field so that when Name 2 is filled in, the 3nd question/Name inputs are displayed (non-mandatory in case there's only two)
etc.

This is a bit clumsy and can make the Request's workflow tricky to build - e.g. if there only 3 entries and the Workflow tries to access number 4 it will break.

If it's just a list of names you can put that in a Text Box (Single or Multi line) but the names won't be validated/spell checked etc.