Email notifications not triggering for Sub-status Change

CraigP

A colleague mentioned last week that they are no longer receiving email notifications for calls assigned to them coming off hold.

They have the "Sub-status Change (Owner Notification)" ticked for both Hornbill and Email in their notification settings.

I've checked the sent items in the mailbox and it appears to be sending other notifications (e.g. the most recent email in sent items at time of writing is an "Assignment (Team Notification)" sent two minutes ago).

Has anyone else noticed this not working?

Is this literally a colleague, or are multiple, or even all colleagues affected?

If it's not working we'd expect the latter, if it's just one User it's most likely to be environmental.

I'm not aware of any issues at present, and we've not had any reports from other Customers thus far.

I'm not sure who else uses this notification option, but I have ticked it on to test it myself. I set an Incident where I am owner to "On Hold" for 5 minutes but didn't receive any notifications when I put it on hold or when it went back in progress (no email nor Hornbill notification despite both being ticked).

Just to confirm, if an incident comes off hold automatically once it has reached its "pause until" time, the owner should receive a notification if they have these notifications ticked? Is there anything else that needs to be configured in a certain way for this to work?

5 minutes ago, CraigP said:

I set an Incident where I am owner to "On Hold" for 5 minutes but didn't receive any notifications when I put it on hold or when it went back in progress

In this scenario you won't get a notification to tell you that you put it on hold - because the system presumes you know that you put it on hold.
If you had the Request open (either in view or an open Tab) when it came off hold then you wouldn't receive a notification because as far as the system is concerned you can see it come off hold.

I've just run a quick test on two of my requests - I didn't get the On Hold notification (for the reasons above) but both of the Sub-Status change emails for them coming off hold were successfully delivered.

image.png

Thanks for clarifying that it won't send a notification if you put it on hold yourself, that makes sense. To what extent does having the Request View open stop the notification from sending? Does the request itself need to be on the list you can see on screen, or if you just have a view that would include that request open on a tab somewhere in your browser would this stop the notification?

However, I've tried putting it on hold for a few minutes and closing all my Service Manager tabs until it is due to come off hold, but I still haven't received the off-hold notification.

Are there any system settings that would stop this type of notification?