We would like to book a default time spent to a business process when it is finished

Nikolaj

Hello Support and all Hornbill Users,

Is it possible with Timesheets app and Service Manager app. That we can book a default time spent to a business process when it is finished?

We would like to achieve a overview by end of a year what time we spent against a special business process in service manager and for which customer. For example we say that we need for a "Delete User" Process xxx time until it is finished.

Can we book this to a Timesheet category. And is it possible that we say our IT department has 20 people working for 40hours a week. So that we have xxxx hours a year in total and compare it to the time we recorded against our business processes. 

Hope that make sense to you. Short story we would like to automate for some of our business processes the time booking against our total time in the department.

Thanks and best regards

Nikolaj

The idea seems clear, but I'm not sure about the implementation.

Am I correct in thinking that for the "Delete User" process you know this will take, for example, 90 minutes, so rather than manually updating Timesheet Manager you would like the BPM to be able to assign 90 minutes to the Request Owner's Timesheet automatically?

Hi @Steve Giller yes that is correct. That would be the goal. And if we can see the customer who raised the request also on a calculation so we can assign the hours we need to the different customers departments by end of the year. This can be also done by a report if that is possible because i think we can have the data in the database.

Is something like this possible with timesheets or something else?

Thanks for your help

Nikolaj

45 minutes ago, Nikolaj said:

Is something like this possible with timesheets or something else?

Not currently, as far as I'm aware, but the requirement has been seen by the Timesheet Manager team.
They may have additional questions before they can consider this properly, I'll ask them to post here if so.

@Steve Giller thanks, yes that would be great. We would like to use timesheet in the future but my manager would like to have a mix of manual booking and automatic booking for some Business processes.  

Please send me an update on this topic if possible.

Best regards

Nikolaj

I think that there would need to be a much more precise scoping of this for it to be progressed.

If you could put together a detailed start-to-finish description of what you would require from a business standpoint this would make it possible for the Developers to asses what is already available, anything that needs to be added, and what would need to be communicated to the other Applications to join everything up.

At the moment the request is (put in very crude terms) "Can Service Manager push some Timesheet Manager buttons on behalf of a User?" which is too vague for a Developer to understand the requirements therefore we can't really give a useful answer.

• 8 months later...

I would second this request for the ability to log time to a users timesheet via a workflow, this would be useful for our quick repeat activities like account unlocks where currently our service desk dont have to interact with the ticket as after logging it auto resolves and closes, but it would be useful to be able to auto log a couple of minutes each time, rather than having to add a manual step to the workflow. 

• Like 1