Calculations in Substring Node

As part of our automated alert process, we extract an alert ID from the request description populated when the request is raised by a routing rule template. It's been brought to my attention that the alert ID isn't being populated anymore, and it seems to me that this may be due to calculations in the Substring node no longer working.

We extract the alert ID by using the Search node under String Utilities, and then using the result in the Substring node.

From parameter is set to variable - &[global["flowcoderefs"]["stringUtilsSearch"]["result"]]+10

To parameter is set to variable - &[global["flowcoderefs"]["stringUtilsSearch"]["result"]]+49

As of sometime in the past week, this no longer seems to work. Why is this? Is there some kind of syntax I need to include now? How else would one do this if the ability to add to a variable has been removed? 

@CraigP I am sorry but we have never supported this approach in workflow node configurations. The node and variables are to be used as they are. Sure, with sufficient technical information, one can venture and do some advanced things like this but again, this would be outside what the functionality was designed for and thus not supported.