Analysts unable to change Details field if customer logs ticket

Damien Lynn

Hi folks, we have the Site field added in our support tickets "Details" section. This is initially populated by whatever site the customer who logged the ticket is in but we have to change the site details at times as this is for equipment disposal and the devices might not be at the same site as the person raising the ticket.   What we're noticing is that we are able to change the site if an Analyst logged the ticket for the customer but if the customer uses self service to log it then we can't amend this?  Can anyone advise how we allow Analysts to change this regardless who creates the ticket?    

Thanks
Damien

If they can on some and not on others, they have the correct permissions, I would check if you have any regex on any fields from an analysts perspective, I had a similar problem where Self Service users could enter any value but from an analyst perspective it was failing on the regex, no error shown as it wasn't the active field and it forced the save button to be greyed out. Hope this helps 

Hi Damian,

Try turning the following setting to ON.  

image.png

I'm guessing that the customer is only associated with one site and when that customer raises the request their site is automatically associated with the request.  Because the customer only has one site, when you try to change it the list of sites is empty and it can't be changed.  The above setting should bypass this restriction.

When a member of the support team raises a request I believe that they have a little bit more freedom to say where the issue is occurring, which might be different from where the customer is located.

I hope that helps.

• Thanks 1