Email update request rule not working anymore

billster

There's not enough information to even take a guess, I'm afraid.

My first step would be to create a new folder in the mailbox called "Update Failures" and set the "Target Folder Failure" value to that.

Then you will know if the Rule is not triggering at all (mail is in the Inbox) or the Rule is triggering but something about the update is failing (mail is in the Update Failures folder)

4 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

There's not enough information to even take a guess, I'm afraid.

My first step would be to create a new folder in the mailbox called "Update Failures" and set the "Target Folder Failure" value to that.

Then you will know if the Rule is not triggering at all (mail is in the Inbox) or the Rule is triggering but something about the update is failing (mail is in the Update Failures folder)

Hi Steve, 

I have done this and the email does go to the failed folder. Do you know if there is any sort of log file I can check?

3 minutes ago, billster said:

Do you know if there is any sort of log file I can check?

Yes, under Admin->Log Files, but I would first check:

as I think the above rules out:

but I include it for future reference.

The most common reason would be the from address matching multiple Users, so I'd go down that path first.

If the FAQs don't answer the questions the EspApiTransactions log may have something, failing that you can raise a Support Request.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

The most common reason would be the from address matching multiple Users, so I'd go down that path first.

Yes - I had two users... an admin logon and a service desk logon with same email addresses. I remove the email address from my admin logon and it is working. TBH we are still creating our Hornbill pages so it is good to learn all this 😄

• Like 1