String utilities

billster

Hi all,

I have a custom set field which is a checkbox select field.

Is there a way to use string utilities in business process to take out some text of the result?

Like h_custom_g = hello, bye, cool and turn it into h_custom_g = bye

Hi Steve,

I have a simple list with many items on it and have put this in the form as a checkbox field. My goal here is for whatever the user selects in this checkbox, then it writes an email to the person who manages the simple list item saying they have done x with the simple list item.

I have set up the email side with the parallel processing and decision blocks.

So in my email template when I write to the person managing the simple list item it only shows the simple list items that are selected which are responsible for that person. I tried to do a direct message send and external address so I didn't need to edit a template but the process just crashes.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, billster said:

I have set up the email side with the parallel processing and decision blocks.

If this leaves you with one email per checked answer, can you just search for "Contains: bye" and then word the email accordingly?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

If this leaves you with one email per checked answer, can you just search for "Contains: bye" and then word the email accordingly?

yes - now I am able to use direct message send so I don't have to mess with templates. For some reason when I was putting variable code in it for ticket reference it was crashing out to process but working fine now.