Important: Hide Connections Tab from Self Service

will.good

Hi,

We need a way to be able to hide the connections drop down list from the self service view of a ticket.

When we have sensitive cases, we will add a number of people from across the business as connections. Some of these people we have added, we would not want the customer to see as a connection.

Can we add a visibility option to the connections tab, similar how there is one for all timeline updates, and attachments to be able to show / hide this based on visibility

11 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

Just to confirm, you are looking to have some controls of this section on a request so that the original customer who raised the request can't see selected users within this list?  Or are you wanting to hide the entire section?

image.png

Thanks for getting back to me, James.

Either would be a good solution, however I think being able to mark the visibility of each connection would make the most sense for us - similar to the settings available for attachments currently. Being able to mark attachments as customer or team visibility when adding them / later on from the attachments pane is extremely useful, so something similar to this is our desired way forward.

It is a bit of an opposite approach to the existing purpose of the connections.  The current feature is all about the customer and support staff seeing all connections, and controlling what the connections can see rather than the other way around.  It was put in place for things like raising an incident on behalf of someone else so that both the person that raised the ticket and the person it was raised on behalf of would have some level of visibility.  

Normally for the situation you are talking about, I would recommend using the Members feature on a request as the customer does not see the members, but I understand that this would require full access to Service Manager in order for the members to see the requests that they are a member of.

I can put it forward as a suggestion, but I would suspect that this would not be added in the short term as it adds complexity to the feature and takes it a little away from its original purpose.