Image Library - updating existing images

Hi All

Most of our emails have some set images embedded into our signature which changes on a regular basis (maybe once a year). I note it does not seem currently possible to update an existing image, so if I have a new signature image to update I would have to upload the new image, then go into every email template to change the image link.

Is it possible to get this enhanced so that we can replace an existing image to avoid having to manually change the link in all the templates? Or is it currently possible to do this and I have overlooked it?

Many thanks as always

Hi Gerry,

Just to follow up on this post what would work great here is we had the ability to edit the existing image but retain the existing image URL. As an example I would have to update all our email templates which would take around 4 hours as I did this recently when our values were updated. If we could have some further options in the Edit options on an image that just let us update the existing image that would assist in lowering the admin. 

Many thanks as always

image.png.8128104c4d722c06b614c20b5f5639a4.png

@Adrian Simpkins

Some kind of media sharing tool/feature in Hornbill is on my list of "nice to have features I would like to see because it would be handy" list, but these rarely make the priority list for development.  Maybe one of our further hackethons. Its a bit like the Image Library in Hornbill but the ability to keep the link, but change the image, its that sort of thing. Its been asked for a number of times before.  You can buy systems for doing exactly this, they are called DAMs (Digital Asset Management systems) they are very expensive for what they are  and generally only marketing departments see value in them. 

Gerry

• Like 1

@Adrian Simpkins

Sorry I did not specifically address your suggestion "If we could have some further options in the Edit options on an image that just let us update the existing image that would assist in lowering the admin. " my apologies.  From memory there is a technical reason we cannot do that, I think its because the storage we have to and that powers this function generates the ID's based on content, so change the content, changes the ID, and we happen to use that same ID in the URL. We was aware that the Hornbill Image Library would fall short of being an image sharing solution, we really built it as a system for holding brand images for the portals and other areas of customisation, with a view that in the future a more flexible image sharing app/tool would be something we want to develop. 
Gerry

• Like 1