Adding Asset information to Customer details

Estie

Hi,

Is there a way to add the asset information for a customer to the customer details so that it shows when raising a ticket?

I understand there is a standard Intelligent capture for assets - however we are using customised forms.

Currently we rely on the customer or the analyst to add asset information to the IC.

Is there a way we can always display the assets assigned to a customer in their details?

Hopefully this is in the correct forum.  I could not see one specifically for asset management.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you're asking for here - the relationships between Customers and assets are either stored against the Asset (i.e. Used By/Owned By) or in a linking table in the case of shared Assets.

This is simple for assets - an Asset can only have one owner, so we can have a field against the Asset to store that - but not for Users, who can own/use many assets, so there is no simple way to show a User's assets against the User Record when raising a Request.

If you are looking to have visibility of a Customer's primary asset - e.g. a Laptop or Desktop that the majority of Requests would be raised against - you could store that value in a Custom Field against the User and have that field shown in the Customer Details section by using the Additional Display Fields parameter of the Customer Search node.

Hi Steve,

17 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

If you are looking to have visibility of a Customer's primary asset - e.g. a Laptop or Desktop that the majority of Requests would be raised against - you could store that value in a Custom Field against the User and have that field shown in the Customer Details section by using the Additional Display Fields parameter of the Customer Search node.

Yes - Although I was hoping to display it as part of the customer details so it can be seen even when not raising a request.

Do you mean in one of the Attribute fields in the user entry in Platform Config?

If so Is there a way to show these additional fields in a custom IC form?  It seems that additional fields are only available in the standard forms.

Would this update if the primary asset was to change?

28 minutes ago, Stefania Tarantino said:

Do you mean in one of the Attribute fields in the user entry in Platform Config?

Yes, they're the ones.

29 minutes ago, Stefania Tarantino said:

Would this update if the primary asset was to change?

Not unless you were using a Business Process (either via a Request or a Custom Button - or possibly ITOM) to make the update and updated the relevant field in the Workflow.

30 minutes ago, Stefania Tarantino said:

Is there a way to show these additional fields in a custom IC form?

Unfortunately not, these fields are not available to Custom IC Forms.

• Thanks 1