Customer portal registration - translation question, and Organisation not setting against a new contact when selected at Registration

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

A couple of questions around the customer portal registration, and the recent change to offer an organisation list (Apologies if posted to wrong section in the forum)

1) Is it possible to change the text in the Register section for the external Customer portal? Currently Organisation is spelt Organization so I wanted to address that little issue :) 

We have setup the Org list for use in the registration screen and wanted to change the Organization text to read something like 'Organisation - If your organisation is not listed you will need to contact 'helpdeskemail'  before registering.' This is to ensure anyone who attempts to register but does not see their Org in the offered list contacts our service desk for assistance / guidance. However I can not see any of the register options in the translation section

image.png.c4d5674cfafb67895affd08edf746a9a.png

2) I have activated the organisation list and then tested a new self registration. I was able to select an organisation with no issues at registration, however when looking at the new contact it does not show the organisation I have selected as set against the contact when registering? Is this correct? I would have expected it to appear as set against the new contact.

image.thumb.png.67f8ea1c14788215a9960150a83cd0c8.png

Many thanks as always 

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

I believe that a fix has been completed to the issue where the organisation was not being linked to the contact.  This is still going through testing and its release cycle and not sure yet when it will be available, but if all goes well, it shouldn't be too long.  I'd recommend disabling the options for showing the organisation field until the feature is available.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@James Ainsworth Hi James, Happy new year to you.

Just a quick one to see if there is any movement on this please? We are still planning to start our pilot testing, but would need this functionality in place to ensure the testing is complete and covers end to end checks.

Many thanks

Hi @James Ainsworth

Just noted the update announcement which contains the text  as below - I wanted to check if there is any timescale for the rebuild please as we require this functionality to complete our New Joiner roll out.

Many thanks

• Admin - Platform Conf - Customer Portal: Rollback "Allow contacts to select their organization" option as requires never server build.

Hi Adrian,

I believe that it was reinstated along with the fix.  As mentioned above, I successfully tested the option which was done using a live environment similar to yours.  Is it not available to you at the moment?  Also the translation for "organisation" has been added and should be with you soon.

• Like 1

Thanks James - we read the above as it was being rolled back from the previous roll out :) I can still see the functionality on the configuration, just wanted to check the above patch note that is all 

Thank  you for also confirming the translation should be available now as well - I will take a look at that today

Many thanks as always