Task Table Linking

Ann

Afternoon All

Hope you are all well.

Please would it be possible to help/advise?  I currently create a report for our managers to show all outstanding project tasks and Changes.  We would also like to extend this to Incidents and Service Requests as well.  In order to achieve the result just for changes and project tasks I am having to run a report from Service Manager reporting and another from Project Manager reporting.  Are you able to advise if it is possible to link tables together so I only need to run one report and if so, what those tables would be please?

Kind Regards

Ann

On 11/24/2022 at 1:21 PM, Ann said:

Are you able to advise if it is possible to link tables together so I only need to run one report

Almost certainly, yes.

On 11/24/2022 at 1:21 PM, Ann said:

what those tables would be

That would depend on precisely what you want to see and in what form - e.g. some things are stored as IDs, which would require an extra join if you wanted to see the Name - but if you weren't displaying the Name at all that would not be necessary.

The Entity Explorer would be a good place to investigate here, the Entity Viewer will show you relationships and the Schema Viewer will show you the fields, data types etc.