Reporting on customer feedback

JanS2000

Hi, I've checked on the Wiki but can't find specific details how to do this, and I can't get any meaningful information when I try to create any reports myself. I need to report on how many feedback requests we generate, but I can't see a way to do it. I can report on the feedback we receive each month, but I've no idea how many we're actually requesting in the first place.

I'd be grateful for any advice or guidance on how to proceed. Customer Service is an important aspect of our service and I've been asked specifically to report on the percentage of feedback received against the number generated.

Thanks for your time.

How are you generating the Feedback Requests?

Assuming you're exclusively using the Hornbill star rating for the feedback are you, for example, actively emailing every customer when a Request is closed? Or leaving them to check the Closed Requests and provide feedback via the Portal?
Is it somewhere in the middle with some services set to accept feedback and not others?

Hi @JanS2000

Thanks for your post.

The key information about if feedback has been sent and what is the status of that feedback, is stored in the h_itsm_requests table in the following two columns

• h_feedback_status_id
  • h_feedback_status

Statuses include the following

• awaiting
  • received
  • expired
  • rejected
  • not required

Requests where feedback has not been requested will have no value stored (null) in the feedback status.

A simple way to start is by creating a standard report that is grouped by the feedback status

1. Start creating a standard report
  2. Add the Requests table
  3. Select the columns Request ID and Feedback Status
  4. Create a filter to only include records where the feedback status is not null
  5. Group by Feedback Status
  6. Run report

Once you have this basic information, you can then start to think about additional filters such as date ranges or including Service information.  You may then want to consider creating some chart widgets within advanced analytics. 

I've attached this very basic report as a starting point.  Once you have had a look, you can then consider what other information you would like to have as part of this report.

I hope that helps.

feedback-sent.report.txt

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 3:36 PM, Steve Giller said:

How are you generating the Feedback Requests?

Assuming you're exclusively using the Hornbill star rating for the feedback are you, for example, actively emailing every customer when a Request is closed? Or leaving them to check the Closed Requests and provide feedback via the Portal?
Is it somewhere in the middle with some services set to accept feedback and not others?

Hi Steve, yes, we use the star rating and this is set to email when we close a request. This is only a recent change though, as we previously only had feedback on incidents and not requests. Now I'm thinking about it, after a certain date, it'll basically be a case of counting the number of closed requests and incidents won't it. 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:06 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @JanS2000

Thanks for your post.

The key information about if feedback has been sent and what is the status of that feedback, is stored in the h_itsm_requests table in the following two columns

• h_feedback_status_id
  • h_feedback_status

Statuses include the following

• awaiting
  • received
  • expired
  • rejected
  • not required

Requests where feedback has not been requested will have no value stored (null) in the feedback status.

A simple way to start is by creating a standard report that is grouped by the feedback status

1. Start creating a standard report
  2. Add the Requests table
  3. Select the columns Request ID and Feedback Status
  4. Create a filter to only include records where the feedback status is not null
  5. Group by Feedback Status
  6. Run report

Once you have this basic information, you can then start to think about additional filters such as date ranges or including Service information.  You may then want to consider creating some chart widgets within advanced analytics. 

I've attached this very basic report as a starting point.  Once you have had a look, you can then consider what other information you would like to have as part of this report.

I hope that helps.

feedback-sent.report.txt 2.45 kB · 2 downloads

That's great, thank you James!

1 minute ago, JanS2000 said:

Now I'm thinking about it, after a certain date, it'll basically be a case of counting the number of closed requests and incidents won't it. 

If all Requests on all Services automatically send the request then it should be this simple. Combined with the database info from James you should be able to achieve what you need.

• Like 1