Restricting access to raised requests

Andrew Tasker

I am trying to restrict access to a request which has been raised and have created a Team which allows me to exclude this from the normal Service Manager view.  However if I enter the exact reference for the request in the search bar it still allows me to access the request details despite not being a member of the team.  Is there a way to separate this out to completely restrict my view of this?

Hi Andrew,

Access to a request is based on the Service that it sits under.  Any team that supports a particular service will have access to all the requests that have been associated to that service.   If there is no service, the request may be seen as an orphaned request and it will be accessible to those that have the rights to see orphaned requests.  By default this includes the Service Desk Administrator and I believe any of the "Full Access " roles, such as "Incident Management Full Access". 

8 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Andrew,

Access to a request is based on the Service that it sits under.  Any team that supports a particular service will have access to all the requests that have been associated to that service.   If there is no service, the request may be seen as an orphaned request and it will be accessible to those that have the rights to see orphaned requests.  By default this includes the Service Desk Administrator and I believe any of the "Full Access " roles, such as "Incident Management Full Access". 

Hi James,

Thanks for the quick response, there does appear to be a service associated to the request so I'm not sure why this would still be visible only when searching for the specific reference?