Issues with SQL contact import

Hi,

I'm still getting some issue, any ideas where its going wrong?

2022/04/01 08:43:42 [DEBUG] Processing Contact [%!s(<nil>)]
2022/04/01 07:43:42 [DEBUG] Create Contact: [%!s(<nil>)]
2022/04/01 07:43:42 [DEBUG] Contact Create/Update XML: <params><application>com.hornbill.core</application><entity>Contact</entity><returnModifiedData>true</returnModifiedData><returnRawValues>true</returnRawValues><primaryEntityData><record><h_jobTitle>&lt;no value&gt;</h_jobTitle><h_phone>&lt;no value&gt;</h_phone><h_email>&lt;no value&gt;</h_email><h_lastName>&lt;no value&gt;</h_lastName><h_name>&lt;no value&gt;</h_name><h_password>&lt;no value&gt;</h_password><h_firstName>&lt;no value&gt;</h_firstName><h_mobile>&lt;no value&gt;</h_mobile><h_role>&lt;no value&gt;</h_role><h_userType>&lt;no value&gt;</h_userType><h_userId>&lt;no value&gt;</h_userId></record></primaryEntityData></params>
2022/04/01 07:43:42 [ERROR] Contact Create Failed. MethodResult Not OK from [entityAddRecord] : The specified column could not be found: h_phone
image.png.123b2f8f7c19cf1eaea2a148601f881f.png

SQL_Contact_Import_2022-04-01T08-43-42+01-00.log tester001.csv

6 hours ago, Dataquest said:

Hi,

I'm still getting some issue, any ideas where its going wrong?

2022/04/01 08:43:42 [DEBUG] Processing Contact [%!s(<nil>)]
2022/04/01 07:43:42 [DEBUG] Create Contact: [%!s(<nil>)]
2022/04/01 07:43:42 [DEBUG] Contact Create/Update XML: <params><application>com.hornbill.core</application><entity>Contact</entity><returnModifiedData>true</returnModifiedData><returnRawValues>true</returnRawValues><primaryEntityData><record><h_jobTitle>&lt;no value&gt;</h_jobTitle><h_phone>&lt;no value&gt;</h_phone><h_email>&lt;no value&gt;</h_email><h_lastName>&lt;no value&gt;</h_lastName><h_name>&lt;no value&gt;</h_name><h_password>&lt;no value&gt;</h_password><h_firstName>&lt;no value&gt;</h_firstName><h_mobile>&lt;no value&gt;</h_mobile><h_role>&lt;no value&gt;</h_role><h_userType>&lt;no value&gt;</h_userType><h_userId>&lt;no value&gt;</h_userId></record></primaryEntityData></params>
2022/04/01 07:43:42 [ERROR] Contact Create Failed. MethodResult Not OK from [entityAddRecord] : The specified column could not be found: h_phone
image.png.123b2f8f7c19cf1eaea2a148601f881f.png

SQL_Contact_Import_2022-04-01T08-43-42+01-00.log 1.96 kB · 0 downloads tester001.csv 211 B · 1 download

@Victor any ideas?

• Victor changed the title to Issues with SQL contact import

@Dataquest same as with "phone", there is no "password" field for contacts... where are these fields and mapping coming from? I do not see them in the wiki documentation... The password cannot be set during import and also, the password cannot be set in bulk. I do not recommend setting passwords for contacts but to let the contacts set their own passwords (using "Forgot Password" option on login), usually people are much more comfortable knowing their password is private. The functionality for setting a password I would use in specific circumstances when is deemed necessary and there are no other options available. Even then I would still advise the contact to change that as soon as they have access to the functionality.

@Dataquest

1 hour ago, Dataquest said:

Its in the photo home > system > user & guest access > guest accounts

I would advise to only set field mapping as documented on the wiki: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=SQL_Contact_Import. The import tool documentation does not specify that password is a field available in the tool, the import does not process contact passwords. 

Regarding the message that the portal does not allow password resets, please check if this is enabled for the customer portal: In admin tool navigate to portal customisation and select the customer portal:

image.png

Here, check if the password reset option is enabled:

image.png