Published AutoTask not showing

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

We've added and autotask, and published it (as below - see the Test MS Flow Trigger task): 

image.png.10dd6349295c7fb3250774b4cbd75639.png

However, when I try to add this to a custom button, it's not showing as an available option:

image.thumb.png.88de62cf403d8de4cffe61db188b7e13.png

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a limit on the amount of tasks which will show in this list (there are currently 10 available showing in the 'select' list above, but 11 in the ACTUAL list)?

image.png

Guest Paul Alexander

I've just added a new AutoTask, and made the name of it AAA-Test and this task DOES show in the 'select autotask' list, but the 'remove from Daily Triage' autotask (in the graphic above) does NOT show. So I think that this is a 'drop down list' limit problem - looks like it's set to 10 items, with no scroll bar?

I have found it sometimes takes quite a while for a saved and published AutoTask to become available in the Custom Button drop-down selection. I think there's some caching issues. You may also have hit a limit of 10 items but a delay is also possible.

Hello All,

I have added 2 autotasks and published it. but when i try to add this to a custom button i cannot see any of autotasks. What I 'm doing wrong?

Best regards

Nikolaj

image.thumb.png.58479c0dc66cda3db49b299556937e34.png

image.png.fd05c22754ea3b57fd6ea634aecce3fa.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Nikolaj

First thing to check is, in the settings of the AutoTask, ensure that the 'for entity' item is set to Requests. I'm not 100% sure that'll do it, but it's worth checking...

image.png.c476ff26de4eeabb149ad60082602969.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Could someone at Hornbill confirm whether there is a limit on the amount of Autotasks available in the drop down list please? If so, could this be lifter please?

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @TrevorHarris

Eurgh....well I just KNEW that would happen! :D

The 'available Autotask' list IS now working as expected, with all of the tasks showing. I'm using Chrome, but I swear that, up until a couple of hours ago there were only 10 items in the list, and I had to create the autotask name with an 'early alphabet (a,aa, ab etc) name to make it show in the list straight away.

Maybe it's a caching issue - I'll keep an eye on it though. 

Thanks

image.thumb.png.f05d68d2223dbfab04e942f700f6dc0c.png