One full user getting Fault Code 0 when trying to upload documents to Service Manager request when working remote

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

I have one full user who keeps having issues when trying to upload a document to a request when working remotely.

He gets an Fault Code 0 when he attempts this, however when I try this on my laptop both on site plugged into the Network, and remotely via VPN I am not seeing any errors. Just wanted to see if anyone else has come across this scenario for any remote users at all please?

Many thanks

Hi James,

thanks for the response - I suspect it is an internal issue with our VPN configuration - only seems to happen when he is working remote, but when on network issue goes away. It also seems to be intermittently failing as it was working remotely the other day. 

I think they use the same laptop when in office or at home, but it would be docked into the network when on site, and VPN via wifi when working at home. I will do some more digging around internally with the Network team here - thanks

Many thanks as always 

Hi James,

After some more investigations it appears the issue was the file name they were trying to save had a double '..' at the end and of course this is not a valid file name configuration.

Removed the double .. for a single, and now able to save the files with no issues

Many thanks