How to automatically chase an approver if no Authorisation is received in a given timeframe

MichelleReaney

Is there a way of sending automated chase emails to the approver (cc in requestor) if the request has not been approved after say, 1 week, a different email after 2 weeks, then final email after 3 weeks to say the call will be resolved as no authorisation received.

I was thinking about setting an expiry on the authorisation then sending a chase email but we would need to do this for each week so this will add a large number of entities to some already crowded BPM's.  

Has anyone come up with a better way of doing this?

7 minutes ago, MichelleReaney said:

I was thinking about setting an expiry on the authorisation then sending a chase email

As far as I'm aware that's the way to achieve this.

(Alternatively, you close the Request as "No Authorisation received" and let the Requestor do the chasing, raising a fresh Request when they've given the Authoriser a piece of their mind! I'm all about sharing the workload.)

Thanks Steve, This would mean adding about 15 extra nodes in the BPM for each time it expires was hoping for a simpler option. 

Haha, I don't think just closing them without out at least chasing would go down too well :) We are trying to automate the requests to take the work away from service desk but if no authorisation is received then currently they just sit there waiting.