Issue with Response/Resolve Timers in a calendar / in a request

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

I am just looking at the requests over the christmas period, and found that our requests Response / Resolve timer appears to ignore the 2 bank holidays in the associated calendar 

As an example I can see a request raised on the 20th December which has a 5 day response SLA in place - when checking the requests timers it shows as respond by the 27th. A second example is another request raised on the 21st December again with a 5 day response timer and this has a response date / time on the 28th. The calendar associated to these requests has Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day all ticked as re-occuring. I can also see some requests where the Resolve timer sits on the 27th / 28th as well - again these are using the same calendar with the days ticked as re-occurring annually.

I would expect the first 2 requests to expire on the 29th and 30th for the response rather than the 27th / 28th as should in these 2 requests, and the other requests where i can see the resolve timer expiring on the 27th / 28th again I would expect these to push out to the 29th/30th.

Is this working as expected? Or have I misinterpreted the Recurring function and should add individual dates for these 3 dates going forward?

Many thanks

• Adrian Simpkins changed the title to Issue with Response/Resolve Timers in a calendar / in a request

Hi Victor

I know what days they are thanks, I was trying to clarify the recurring option in a calendar - does this feature cater for movement of bank holidays i.e. 25th / 26th are weekend days so official bank holidays moved to the 27th / 28th so I want to clarify if the system caters for this. If it doesn't I will remove the recurring options and set these days manually going forward

Thanks

41 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

does this feature cater for movement of bank holidays

@Adrian Simpkins no, it doesn't. Recurring works (afaik), it will set that date for all years. So 25th/26th will always be 25th/26th, it won't cater for this date falling during a weekend in which case UK govt allows the next working day as a holiday as a replacement... in this scenario you need to manually adjust the dates to correspond with the adjustments made for that year...

• Like 1