Switching from one BPM to another

Smurfy

I can now switch to different BPMs and that all works great. Its opened so many doors as to the way I can route people - Thanks for getting that fixed.

I do, however, have another issue which may not be possible - I want to start an incident service and then in there if the user say yes to a password reset I want it to switch to the password reset BPM.
Issue of course comes that the first BPM that is running and an incident (in the service) and then I am switching across to a service request within the same service. It switches as it runs the Service request capture but then errors with a mismatch mentioning that its an incident (see below) So it seems it cant close an incident BPM and spawn a service Request BPM? Am I right in concluding that please? And if so is there a way round that at all?

"Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 'stage-3e1cb40e/flowcode-7e4b7423': 0207 apps updateReqService /apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/updateReqService.js(100): error X1001: Uncaught RequestTypeMismatch: the catalog 'Password reset' cannot be applied to a request of type 'Incident' Execute /apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/updateReqService.js 100 12 Uncaught RequestTypeMismatch: the catalog 'Password reset' cannot be applied to a request of type 'Incident' 1001"

HI Smurfy,

Thanks for your post.  Unfortunately, you can't change request types.  It looks like when you are changing the Service you are trying to assign a Request Catalog Item that is defined under the Service Requests and apply it to an incident.  An alternative would be to use the log new automation and create a new service request, copying the majority of the information on the incident to the new service request.  Do you think that would be an option for you?

• Sad 1