Assignment Notifications - Default Mailbox

GSM

Hi there,

We have two mailboxes setup in Hornbill, for example,

1. UK (using a co.uk domain)

2. France (using a .fr domain)

The UK team uses one, the other, the French team. When users e-mail either team, they get a new notification that a ticket has been logged/resolved e-mail notification and from the correct domain, be that .co.uk and/or .fr. Also, to add, both the UK/French teams can pass tickets between them. We achieved this by setting up our BPM to use custom e-mail templates based on customer primary e-mail address.

The issue I have arises from enabling the following in Hornbill (guest.app.requests.notification.emailTemplate.groupAssignment & guest.app.requests.notification.emailTemplate.analystAssignment) so that an engineer and/or team are notified if a ticket is assigned to them. We noticed that when tickets are assigned from the UK > France and/or vice-versa, or assigned internally within the team itself, the e-mail notification that the call has been assigned to you comes from the UK mailbox, which causes confusion between the teams.

I believe this has to do with the setting guest.app.requests.notification.emailMailbox , set to helpdesk (which is the UK mailbox). 

Is there a clever way to use the correct mailbox based on the domain rather than always using the same mailbox to send notifications? If both teams were UK-based and share the same domain, you could just set up a generic mailbox, but given there are two separate teams, each using a different domain, I am not sure how to approach it.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

GSM

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GSM said:

Hornbill can't use the correct mailbox out of the box

It does use the correct mailbox based on current functionality and how the system is designed to work. As you noticed there is only one setting to configure which mailbox in the system is responsible for sending SM notifications. This mailbox will send out all notifications.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

It does use the correct mailbox based on current functionality and how the system is designed to work. As you noticed there is only one setting to configure which mailbox in the system is responsible for sending SM notifications. This mailbox will send out all notifications.

Yes i noticed that, but it's not ideal especially when dealing with global teams, each with their own/different domain. Can i request for this feature to be added?