Project Manager Time Spent Graphs

Ann

Afternoon All

Hope you are all safe and well.  I am afraid I have yet another question.  We had a project manager that set up a project but the project has since been assigned to another project manager.  However the new project manager does not have the option to look at the time spent section to see how much time has been spent on the project, by who and in what categories.  Is there a way of enabling this option for the new project manager please?  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

@Ann thanks for your post.

Please don't be afraid of asking questions. This is what we're here for!

The settings option that appears in the right hand side of the screen when viewing a project is visible only to the project manager of the project. Does the new project manager have the role of Project Manager or do they just have the role of Member?

Alex

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 14.04.19.png

@AlexTumberI have looked at the permissions for the Project Manager roles and it appears there are no limitations, but I am also unable to see an option for 'Time Recording' within the permissions tab, please see attached screen shot.  If there are two project managers will they both be able to see the time recording or would only one be able to see this please?  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

Permissions.png

@Ann If you are the project manager you should see the settings icon in the right hand side bar when you view the project.

Once you open the settings, if you have access to Timesheet Manager, you should see the time recording tab within the settings.

I will have to check with our development team but Project Manager was originally designed so that there would be a maximum of one PM per project so there may be an issue having 2 stakeholders with the role of Project Manager. This is possibly why someone with a PM role for a project can't see the settings.

Alex

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 15.33.41.png