Updates to the Change Manager (Marked as Member)

yelyah.nodrog

Afternoon all,

I wondered if there was a way for timeline updates (Emails coming in/Comments etc) to be sent to a member of a ticket at time of update?

I cant think of a way to do it in the BPM where it will notify at time of update for members? - I didn't know if there was a way to do it in the front end?

Our change manager, manages the tickets but wont always be the Analyst assigned to the ticket, I know when something is updated it goes yellow in the queue and that you can sort by last updated date but that update might of been from him chasing a analyst not from an analyst responding is that makes sense?

Many thanks

Hayley.

@yelyah.nodrog maybe not 100% what your after, but if your change manager follows the changes they are interested in (or all of them), using the follow option on each ticket, then they will receive Hornbill notifications about updates to the timeline of the tickets.

image.png

Whilst you can add members via the BPM, you can't invoke the action for them to Follow, this is something the change manager would need to do on the tickets they want to receive notifications about updates too.  

Of course in the BPM, you can add nodes which can email the change manager at key points in your process by adding the email external email address and adding the change manager's email address.

Hope that helps

Steve

@yelyah.nodrog for the tickets you are following, are you viewing the tickets when the updates are added?  if this is the case the updates in the Hornbill notifications will auto dismiss, and you will not see them, but if you look in the Dismissed list they should be there?

image.png

Secondly, if you go to the Newsfeed - are you seeing updates which have been added to ticket you are following being posted there?

image.png

Thirdly could you check the update visibility of the updates you are expecting to see, what is this set too?

In the example below it is Customer

image.png

Let me know when you have a chance

@yelyah.nodrog ok, so the updates are customer visibility and you are seeing them on the newsfeed so i believe these should trigger a notification, if you are following.  Given what you have already provided, the quickest route to figure out what is going on maybe via our support team, can i ask you to raise the issue here: https://www.hornbill.com/support  and the support team can pick this up and work with you to see what is happening