Email notifications not sent when request assigned

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

I have had reports that email notifications are not being sent when requests are assigned.

It seems that the first time a request is assigned the user gets the email notification, after that no notifications are sent. Notification settings are correct in the users profiles. Other email notifications seem to be fine (request updated etc)

Any ideas?

@Dan Munns check the mailbox(es) to see if the email is actually generated, as it might be an issue with sending the email. If the email does not exist (which means for some reason the email itself was not created) then we need to confirm all configuration for such notifications is in place (app settings for mailbox and notification app settings) and check if the analyst that triggers the notification has the relevant roles that give access rights to the mailbox that sends the notification (e.g the analyst the does the assignment would be the analyst that will eventually trigger the notification). If none of this then we can look in more detail which means a support request.

@Victor looks like a support request will be incoming.

Mail doesn't get generated that I can see in the direct outbound queue. Action required/update emails are all there. Users have setup the notifications correctly in the user app and have rights on the mailbox.

*sigh* it is going to be one of those Mondays I feel.

As discussed on the support request, the issue was caused by the fact that users performing the actions and triggering the email notification did not have access rights to the notifications mailbox. A custom role having "Send Message" mailbox right associated to these users resolved the issue.