How to remove requests written to a board via an automated SLA

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

This is Service Manager, SLA and Board related so thought it best under Service Manager

So we have implemented the automated SLA's recently and as part of the SLA configuration it writes requests to a Board depending on criteria. What I wanted to know is can I add a Remove request from card node into the BPM's, and if so what value am I looking to pull as part of the decision node - is it possible to insert anything to say go down this path if the request is shown on X board? Would really help keep the Board tidy rather than it having to be a manual process to tidy up

Many thanks as always

@James AinsworthHi James, I have run a quick test to see if I can configure the BPM as required and found the following after adding a Remove Card from Board node into the Closure stage of the BPM:

- if the request has been added to the board the BPM runs fine and removes the request as required.

- if the request has not been added to the board the BPM errors at the Remove Card node.

What I wanted to be able to do is at the end of the closure stage is add a decision node so that the BPM knows only to go down the Remove Card from Board path if the request has been added to the board at anytime. However, of course not every request will be added to our Auto Escalated request board as not every request will meet the set criteria. I wanted to see if there is anyway to have the decision tree pull in confirmation that a request was added to a board by the automated SLA.

The reason for this is we will potentially have a large number of requests being written to the board by the automated SLA, and currently we will have to manage removal of completed requests manually. I want to remove this overhead, and automate it ideally so that no one has to manually manage the board data for Resolved / Closed Requests.

Many thanks

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Here is a little workflow that I tested out which seems to work for me and I believe covers your scenario.  

image.png

The Get Card Info Automation is needed for two things.  One is to check if it is on the board. If the card is not found the outcome is "failure" and if the card is found the outcome is "success".  The Get Card Info will also provide the Card ID if the card is found, which you will need later to remove the card.  On this node you can specify the name of your Breach Board and the Key will be the global variable for the Request ID

image.png

On the Decision Node I used the default Outcomes of Success and Failure

image.png

On success it then branches to the Remove Card Automation.  The Card Id comes from the previous Get Card Information node.  You can decide about the removal option depending on your needs.  The default is false which archives the card, but it still associated to the board.  Set to Manual and True, if you want to completely remove the card from the board.

image.png

Let us know if this works for you.  

Regards,

James

• Like 1