Auto Task emailing team Manager(s)

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

We have an auto task setup now to Escalate requests where the auto task will email the owner of the request (if no owner ignores this action) as well as emailing the Team Manager to confirm a request has been escalated.

However, some of our teams have more than 1 Manager set, but it appears that the Auto Task is just finding the 1st person marked as Manager in the team list, and sending only one email to the 1st name they find. However, I presumed (my mistake for presuming I know!) it would send an email to all the Managers set in the team.

Is there anyway to generate the Manager email to all Users marked as Manager in the team setup? Or is this working as designed and correctly just sending to the 1st name it finds in the team list marked as Manager?

Many thanks as always !

Hi Adrian,

Nice use of the Auto Tasks! 

At the moment, I believe that this would be going on the assumption that typically there would be one person that manages a team.  It might be more of a case of the UI for adding team members was too flexible when it was originally added.   I do recall a discussion around restricting teams to only have a single manager.  So this is something that may happen in the future.

There are ways that you can get the emails for users that are part of a role or group.  Not sure if this would be of any help when it comes to emailing more than one person.  image.png

• Like 1

Hi James,

Thanks for the advice - I think we may just 'tidy' up our team structure so that we have one defined Manager and other Managers moved to the Team Leader role, but i will read through the above to see if there are any options available. Personally i think having 1 manager in the team will suffice

Many thanks as always !