Cloud Automation Google Sheet

Hi All,

I am currently trying to create a BPM flow that asks via a Human Task 'Would you like to add this project to a Google Sheet?'. If the answer is yes then I would like to be able to add the summary of the ticket to a project Google Sheet.

I believe this is possible through using a Cloud Automation node but I am not sure how to fill in the required parameters (these are shown below). If possible would someone be able to explain how this can be done please?

Thanks

Jamie

image.png.2e43649d2e283f5c8cd479797c96b15f.png

@Jamie Talbot

In the cell data you can use the variable picker to inject the values you want i.e summary / request ID etc - remember after your task outcome and decison, you may want to use a get request info, and then inject the variables from this node. 

As shown below, if you need / want to invert multiple data values, you can use the + button to add a new cell value field, and us the variable picker to populate it.

image.png

After this, the help info may assist with populating the other mandatory fields

image.png

Hope that helps

• Like 1

HI @Jamie Talbot,

If you want to create a new row in a Google Sheets spreadsheet, you should use the Append integration, as the Update integration is for updating existing rows in a sheet.

For your use case, the Update node, and Cell Data parameter, should be configured as so, where the first Cell Value contains the request reference, and the second Cell Value contains the request summary. 

image.png

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 1

@Steven Boardman @Steve G

Thank you both for your help it's much appreciated. I've edit my Cloud Automation to append instead of update and filled in all but the Spreadsheet ID. I keep getting the error 'Failed to fetch data source'. Is there a node that I must use to fetch the data needed for the spreadsheet Id.

Thanks

Jamie

image.png.66f2f7e36aa6eecb0ba42338085d2262.png

Hi @Jamie Talbot,

This error would generally mean the Google Drive token in the keysafe key does not have permissions to talk to the APIs required to read the list of spreadsheets. There should be a more descriptive error message in the browser console, if you press F12 in your browser you will be taken to the console to check the actual error.

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 1