Software Assets Users Report

Joyce

Hi,

I am trying to get a report of users of various software, but retrive their email address instead of user name/ user ID.

I have join table CMDB Assets and h_sys_accounts to obtain users' email address, but I only get half of the email address, although every user has their email when look from: https://admin.hornbill.com/Inst/accounts/users

Where does the info on https://admin.hornbill.com/inst/accounts/users come from?

Thanks.

Regards,

Joyce

Hi @ArmandoDM

Join of h_cmdb_assets , h_cmdb_assets_users ( left Join using Asset ID) and h_sys_accounts. ( left join with h_cmdb_assets_users  using User ID), does not return any value from h_sys_accounts table. The results, only have a list of assets_Name.

How else can I join these tables to get users' email address as well as Asset name and Tag?

Thanks.

Regards,

Joyce

Hi @Joice

if the asset is not shared directly with a User, the join on the accounts table will not return any result.

Because the asset can be shared with a group, site, contact, etc, then a full query should include other tables to pull the info about all the users sharing the asset. Not a short query.

Regards

Armando

If h_cmdb_assets_users  has not any data, then you have not shared assets. 

All the info about the Used By and Owned By will be into h_used_by and h_owned_by.

These 2 columns have a user URN, not the ID, so make sure you take this into consideration when writing the join 

Hi @ArmandoDM,

Can you assist with the query for joining h_sys_accounts using h_user_id and CMDB Assets Trimming the URN from the h_used_by?

I am trying Trim function but, is not working. I do remember a previous report where similar query was used, but I can't find the details for it.

Thanks

Joyce