Reauthentication failing on browser session

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I have had an issue raised by one of our basic users as below:

If my Hornbill session expires for any reason, I get an error message asking if I would like to reauthenticate but then get stuck in a failed authentication loop. Closing the tab and re-accessing Hornbill does not fix the problem. Only closing the browser completely will fix the issue. This is a pain in the middle of the day if I am using several other websites.

I have also noticed that if I try to reauthenticate my browser session after leaving my laptop in sleep mode overnight, I am also getting stuck in this loop, and again the only way to get round it is close all browser windows, then launch a fresh browser session.

I wanted to see if this is known, and if there is anyway around it over than closing the browser completely please

Many thanks

@Adrian Simpkins

I am not sure we can easily fix this in Hornbill, this relates to how your AD (I am assuming you are suing SSO as opposed to Hornbill's own login) responds when we redirect back to it for authentication. What is should do is either re-prompt for authentication, or if you are already authenticated then it should reassert and redirect you back to Hornbill.  The loop sounds like something is not quite working in that process. 

Gerry