Timeline entries defaulting to 'Public' visibility

DFarran

One of our analysts has noticed that sometimes after they apply an update to a call and go to the email tab to send our email template it defaults the visibility of the timeline update for sending the email to 'public' and this cannot be changed until you've sent the email and then it will let you change the visibility of the post on the timeline. I assume this 'public' option has been applied by an update as this hasn't been noticed before but I can't find anywhere that says what it does or how to remove this. The timeline updates for sending emails should default to 'team' as its set in the setting guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.email.

Can anyone offer advice?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

@Victor. I had  a ticket with Support recently and I am sure @Deen advised that Public was all the Co-workers.

Since all co-workers can automatically all updates with visibility of Customer, it makes no sense for Public to do exactly the same?

Please clan you clarify whether customers see Public updates and if so why/how they are different from Customer updates.

Thanks