Custom role for allowing Analysts to view emails

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I have previously created a custom role for mailbox access so our mailbox configuration should work like this :

1st line team get full access to all 3 mailboxes

All other teams should get read only access to the mailboxes to allow them to use the email tool within Service Manager, but would not require direct access into the mailbox.

However, when I set up the partial mailbox access this only had 2 settings - Can Send Message & Can Add File Attachment. When this was used it appeared that Analysts could not view emails in a request so I wanted to check do I need to add Can Get Message to allow Analysts who are not members of our 1st line team to be able to view emails within a request? I have included screen shot of the current config set on this partial mailbox access role.

Many thanks !

1710259041_mailboxpermissions.png.70116cb6d39455a218bccb578149f779.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for this please - as I have had to grant full access to the inbox, all Users are getting the email notifications everytime a new email hits the inbox - I will get the Users to turn this off on Notifications, but ideally I wanted to re instate the partial access with the correct settings to allow Users to view the email attachments.

Many thanks

Further bump to this - latest position is I added in an email permission to the partial mailbox access as below, but Users are getting unable to send from mailbox errors again today. So I still need to understand what options I need to select to make a partial mailbox access which will allows Users to do the following:-

- View the incoming emails within a request including any attachments.

- Send emails back out to the Customer

Ideally I need to make a partial profile for a normal User to be able to send and view emails but to NOT have full access to the mailbox. I want only our 1st line team to have full access as all others should not need to go into the mailbox.

Many thanks !

@Adrian Simpkins

Having Can Send Message should be sufficient... do you have more than one mailbox in your system? When the issue occurs, does the analyst try to send an email from a mailbox they don't have the role set on? For example if there is a role with this configuration for the "helpdesk" mailbox but the analyst tries to send teh email from the "servicedesk" mailbox, then it won't work...

Hi Victor

There are 3 mailboxes, but I have created the full and partial roles for each, and the appropriate roles are granted to each mailbox for each user. I have 3 users now who are having issues sending mails, but all other Users appear to be fine as no other examples raised.

The Users all have the partial access, however, when I reinstated the full access for one this failed to send as well? Just getting a Failed to Send error, with no other details so hard to see what is failing !

Thanks

Hi Victor

A further update re this issue. One of the Users is able to send emails now on some requests with no issues, but other requests are giving the error Failed to Send? I can not see any reason why this would be happening ?

I have the request numbers if required,

Thanks !