Reassigning Activities

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

Our BPM's all have activities set within them, which will assign to the call owner upon acceptance of the request - however, if our analysts then realise the request is for another team and they assign the whole request to the new team, the Activity remains with the initial owner.

My question is, is there anyway when they reassign the whole request the activity disassociates itself from the initial owner, and awaits pickup in the new team? Is there perhaps a setting that would need activating, or would this have to be handled within the BPM ?

Many thanks !

Hi Adrian,

I'm not aware of any setting or feature to do this at the moment.  I'll ask and see if there are any ideas that we can put your way.  Automatically redirecting all tasks to another user or the new owner of the request might be a challenge as we probably wouldn't be able to determine if all the tasks need to be re-assigned or just some.  

Regards,

James  

Hi James

Thank you for the above. I did consider setting the activities to set to the Team not the Owner but I did not want our Teams to be overwhelmed with activities.

I guess the only way to handle this ideally is to make our Analysts aware that they need to check activities before reassigning the request? Or would there perhaps be another solution I have missed?

Thanks