Sharing and Publishing ITIL and General Industry Best Practice Content

@Patrick Bolger you mentioned at the Insights Event that you were looking for ideas on how to further encourage customer to customer collaboration which I think is a great idea which is why the Insights event is so valuable to customers as we have a face to face opportunity to engage.

However, another one would be for Hornbill to share some published documents that are ITIL and industry focussed but also relate to your Hornbill product range for solutions to these. I don't like to swear on the forum but Cherwell :blink: are a good example of this with lots of white papers available for download guiding prospective and existing customers in the right direction on ITIL, industry challenges etc etc. I for one have read many of their documents and found them useful in my work. Gerry gave same great ROI examples at Insights and publishing some of that content would be useful for many. 

:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Stephen.whittle I was planning to post a new topic about getting a group of Hornbill customers together to discuss which content they'd like to see most.  We've both created and curated content around ITIL in the past, however the challenge is to provide material that's truly practitioner focused.  Watch this space for an excellent webinar, which we recorded recently with  @Darren Rose on how to get the balance right between managing projects and hitting service level targets.

Alongside doing a better job of sharing good practitioner content that we create/curate, I'd like to canvass our customers for the type of content they would find most useful.  I'll organise a few dates and potential venues this month, so that we can kick this off and will post a new topic this week so people can join the discussion. 

• Like 1

@Stephen.whittle

Thanks for the INSIGHTS feedback, thats great to hear and I am delighted you found the event valuable, we appreciate your participation and support also.  It's an interesting perspective in relation to other content. You mentioned the automation ROI stuff, and you are right, I must hod my hands up here, I presented that in the context of talking about the value of automation, and you are right that is a good topic to present as a white-paper or maybe even a blogpost published on our website, I will see what I can do.  I think one of the problems we have as a company is, we have always employed more product people/developers and less marketing people than our peers, so we are somewhat less focused on producing the type of marketing output you describe, although we certainly do need to get better at it - and thats definitely on our list of improvements to make

Gerry 

@Patrick Bolger

Apologies, I have been on holiday. It depends on the venue/location for my availability. Did you have somewhere in mind or are you going to centralise based on the audience.

@Gerry Its really good to know this is going to become a focus, perhaps more so for public service customers or any private sectors customers that experience similar financial constraints is that justifying business cases on anything that does not delivery a direct cost saving or reduction in WTE can be challenging to obtain approval. These white-papers or case studies can help demonstrate real-life examples evidencing they offer often value/efficiencies to release hours back into the workforce. I completely understand the technical focus which given our background in technology we as customers appreciate innovative stable development moreover marketing but its just getting the balance I guess. 

@Stephen.whittle The plan is to meet up in a pub in Marylebone for a couple of hours to discuss the content that our customers would find most useful. We chose Marylebone, as it's quite easy to get to. Have a look at the topic I listed above, as we've provided a few different dates/times and asked people to let us know which ones might work best for them. People could easily have missed the post, so we'll be contacting customers based in London and the South-East to make them aware of it. Hopefully, we'll get enough interest to make this worthwhile, as we're really keen to get this type of practitioner-focused content out to customers.

Yes that's relatively easy for me to get to from work. Myself and Adrian will come along to one of the events when the content and dates have been confirmed. I'll hold out for one of your team to touch base then if direct contact is being made rather than just the forum.