Change of Name = no Hornbill rights

Ann-MarieHolloway

Good Morning,

I have recently changed my name and our LDAP import has successfully created a new account within Service Manager for me, which is great.  However, it means I have lost all of my original roles/permissions, which means I have to change everything, including this forum.  Is there a way for me to simply update my original account so I don't have to start from scratch?

Many Thanks

Hi Victor,

Thank you for picking up my topic.  I have changed my Surname, which has resulted in a new username within AD therefore the LDAP import appears to think I am a new member of staff and created a new user AHOLL.

This now means I appear twice when analysts wish to assign a call to my Service Desk team.

With regard to the forum, my username is currently Ann-MarieJones.  I have been able to amend my email address, but do not see an option to amend my username.

Many Thanks

@Ann-MarieJones well if the user is imported from AD and in there you have a whole new user then there is little that can be done in Hornbill... best you could do is to look in admin tool at your formed user and mimic the roles configuration from the previous user to the new user... Once you do this then you can archive your previous user

46 minutes ago, Ann-MarieJones said:

I have been able to amend my email address, but do not see an option to amend my username.

Indeed, forum users do not have the option to amend their username. I will change to "Ann-Marie" is this ok?