Mailbox Access from Mobile (Without App)

Michael Sharp

Please can you advise if there is a way to get the Hornbill mailbox configured for ActiveSync?  The Hornbill app is not user friendly at all in my view for managing email and I want to make this easier for my out of hours rota team to monitor inbound email requests.

Regards and thanks,

Mike.

Hi @Michael Sharp

As far as I'm aware there is no option to use Exchange ActiveSync directly with Hornbill.  I'm assuming that the Hornbill mailbox is just pulling from an Exchange mailbox.  For these users could they not access this mailbox directly using a regular email client?

We would also be interested in understanding what aspects are considered not user friendly  as we would always want to improve our solution.

Regards,

James

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 9:53 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Michael Sharp

As far as I'm aware there is no option to use Exchange ActiveSync directly with Hornbill.  I'm assuming that the Hornbill mailbox is just pulling from an Exchange mailbox.  For these users could they not access this mailbox directly using a regular email client?

We would also be interested in understanding what aspects are considered not user friendly  as we would always want to improve our solution.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth apologies for the delay in response.  Issues with app:

- Can't just launch the app and default to the mailbox

- Can't limit iPhone notifications/sounds to just email (would like to disable alerts for tasks for example)

- App often opens emails and just crashes/closes

- Can't scroll screenshots when they extend off screen or resize the view

- Can't open attachments despite native applications on the iPhone e.g. PDF/Word/Pictures

If the above was address, I suspect that would make the app usable for us.

Regards and thanks,

Mike.

On 4/5/2019 at 6:45 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Thanks @Michael Sharp

I'll make sure this goes to our developers.

Regards,

James

To add to this sorry, notifications on the iPhone show 100+ but then when you open/close the app (not opened mailbox or notifications at this point) the notifications go back down to 20-30.

Regards,

Mike.