Self Service - Measure of first reassignment

Shamaila.Yousaf

Hi

Any Service Portals raised go into our Service Desk group, whomever is covering the portals will set an SLA and reassign accordingly.

I would like to measure how many portal calls are being reassigned by each analyst on a daily basis - so it would be the number of first reassignments against each analyst for the self service source type.

Can anyone kindly assist?

Regards

Sxx

Hi @shamaila.yousaf

This information is automatically captured in the h_itsm_request_team_assignment  table. I have an example dashboard I can give you the details for so you can see examples of how this information can be used, I have put a screenshot of this below.

This query creates the widget for the Top 5 analysts re-assigning tickets, and based on your requirement (and without knowing your setup) I would suggest adding or amending the where clause to filter on the source type, and / or the previous team. 

SELECT h_previous_user_id As Analyst, COUNT(h_request_id) AS Assignments from h_itsm_request_team_assignment 
inner Join h_itsm_requests on h_request_id=h_pk_reference
WHERE h_previous_user_id!='No previous owner'
Group by h_previous_user_id 
order by Assignments desc
Limit 5

image.png

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Conor

@shamaila.yousaf The easiest way will be to create a report using the Service manager reports section in the admin tool, simply link the h_itsm_request_team_assignment table to the h_itsm_requests table using the same join as the query above (it goes through how to do this when you build the report). The report builder keep this as simple as possible so if you are not familiar with SQL it will still be straight forward to set the above query up within a report. 

If you have advanced analytics then you can simply paste the above query straight into a widget, and then publish it onto a dashboard if required. If you do have advanced analytics the widgets / dashboard in the screenshot above can be copied if you would like?

Thanks

Conor

@shamaila.yousaf

Take a look at this widget on the sandbox - this is the kind  of thing you are looking for (with the query amendments I mentioned above): https://admin.hornbill.com/demo/app/com.hornbill.servicemanager/analytics/widgets/653e2c4f-8391-4038-7c5f-07a9a4e455e1/

@Victor I don't see a reason why I shouldn't put the sandbox password here, but let me know if there is an issue and I'll remove it and PM Shamaila the details instead.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help @Conor - Its greatly appreciated.

Copying & pasting appeared with some results but when I tried making some amendments to include source type & our team name it appeared with errors - lack of knowledge my end.

No worries though, I'll add this to my 'wish list' and will see if we can have Hornbill Support create this report for me under our support hours etc.

Thanks again for your continued support as always.

Sxx

20 hours ago, shamaila.yousaf said:

are there additional costs involved in having a report created?

I cannot say for sure. I know that each Premier Success Plan subscription comes with 10-hour credits that you can use for Expert Services. Anything outside these I believe it is chargeable. But I cannot say if and how many credits your plan has. If you raise a request for the assistance with the report my colleagues will present you all the available options to do this...

• Like 1