Assets Summary area

P. Nordqvist

Hi,

I saw there was a change that enables you to create a summary area for assets in the new release this week.
NEW: Assets - Create a summary area per asset with key (customer definable) fields {CH00132408}

What does this mean and how shall this be used?

In general I think it is pretty hard to understand the change log for new releases as the information provided is often too little.
Wouldn't it make sense to at least have a link for new features where you can get more information how this can be used?

Kind Regards
Per

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, P. Nordqvist said:

In general I think it is pretty hard to understand the change log for new releases as the information provided is often too little.
Wouldn't it make sense to at least have a link for new features where you can get more information how this can be used?

This is the exact reason why a new initiative is underway to "revive" the release roundup. The roundup will take the form of a blog article which will give details of new features and functionality available in the latest release/updates. A roundup will be created for each release containing new features that need detailed. I wanted to assure everyone that we are aware of the limited information available in release notes and we have thought of something to make it better ... Watch the Blog Article section of the forums, a release roundup is incoming ;) 

• Like 1

Guest Mohamed

@P. Nordqvist

With regards to the new Assets Summary feature, what it allows for is to set which fields to be visible in the Assets Details form on the right as a quick view of key information, without the need of collapsing various accordions to access the information about the Asset, this can all be configured in the Asset Type details area.

For example if you have an Asset which is of the Asset Type "Server" you simply:

• Go to the Server Asset Type details page
  • Collapse the accordion with the relevant data you wish to have visible against said Asset of that Asset Type
    • e.g. If I wanted the Name, Description and State of information visible, I would collapse General Information and select the checkboxes under the summary column and save the form

image.png

From there if you go to an Asset of the "Server" Asset Type you should see the following Asset Summary information box on the right 

image.png

If you hover on a particular row, you will given the ability to inline edit the information without having to edit the whole form and collapse various accordions etc.

image.png

After updating the information you can confirm or cancel your changes 

image.png

More information can be found on our wiki here

Hope this helps

Regards

Mohamed