Clearing Emails

Oscar Stankard

Hi there,

We've long neglected our Hornbill inbox having preferred managing the inbox in Outlook given the choice but we're looking to have a fresh push at using Hornbill as the main helpdesk email box.  We're trying to clear down the existing unread messages (60K) and we're aware this is not straightforward from the front end for various reasons (no select all/mark all as read option) so we thought we'd bite the bullet and press the Empty Folder button and be done with it.

However it seems that pessing the clear folder button doesnt' do anything and a few seconds later you get an error message 'Error, could not find folder [6]" or something, I've also since tried from the back end to clear the folder (hitting the red 'clear folder' on each folder on the mailbox status tab).  I've hit Delete on the whole mailbox and tried to set up a new one and it seems to be getting messages now but the old mailbox is still not deleted, and the new mailbox doesn't appear to any of my users.  I've set the mailbox as being party of Helpdesk Mailbox role (assigned to all users) and checked the management permission is there and seems to match the previous Shared Mailbox as far as I can see, yet still no joy.

Have checked the 'how to set up a shared mailbox' wiki page and everything seems to be in place yet still the following day I'm not able to see the mailbox or any change to the existing folders/mailboxes I've pressed delete on yesterday.

Please can someone let me know if I've missed a step in getting the new Shared Mailbox to show on the user's logins or what I might have to do to get the existing one cleared down?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

Kind regards,

Oscar

Hi again,

Still no change, anyone know if it just doesnt work with large email counts or if we're just particularly broken for other reasons?  Have tried the Delete button at 3 different levels and places and all are still in existance, what does the delete button do in these cases?

Might whatever it's chewing on be the reason the new mailbox isn't showing at all or somethig to do with what we've done?

Thanks for any help or thoughts,

Kind regards,

Oscar

Hi there,

Great thanks for this, will ping you the API key now.

I'm pretty sure if this is the front end version that they tried DELETE and then DELETE PERMANENTLY when it didn't seem to do anything.  This is the one where it said something like 'unable to find folder [6]' after a little while.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Oscar