CI linking to external site

HHH

Hello Hive mind

We just got a request from our R&D that our development requests, currently handled in Hornbill now should go to an external application (Aha!).

We have a catalogue item per service that is called "I have a development proposal" which adds the proposal to a board where it's handled/evaluated/etc by R&D.

We want to keep the CI in Hornbill but changing the behaviour so that if you press it you are sent to Aha! where you can add a dev request. I have not found an integration bridge component.

Is it possible to have a Catalogue Item button that just opens a link in a new window/tab?

@HHH

We are going to create the integration in our iBridge for you which will give you OOTB one-way integration with Aha! right within the BPM, you can then raise a service request and have it fire off the request to Aha!  This will be a premium integration so you will require the iBridge premium subscription (which you already have on your instance) in order to make use of it. 

We have also contacted Aha and they are not willing to build an Aha! -> Hornbill integration at this time, if you would like to ask your users they could upvote our request and maybe it would make a difference. 

https://big.ideas.aha.io/ideas/APP-I-6709

One of our awesome engineers' will follow-up with you to find out what integration between Hornbill and Aha! you require. 

Gerry

• Like 1

Hi @HHH ,

Would you be using Aha! Ideas as "development proposals" in the Aha! platform? We could build integrations that are used within your Hornbill workflows, to create and update Ideas when requests raised in Service Manager reach a certain point in their workflow. And using the response from the Idea creation, you could then write a link to the Aha! Idea in the Service Manager request.

Is this the sort of integration you're looking for? And are there any other Aha! integrations that you'd want us to take a look at?

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 1

Hi @HHH ,

The requested integrations should now be available on your instance :)

When adding an integration node to a workflow using the Hornbill Integration Bridge as the defined connector, you can now create, update or retrieve Ideas against your products in Aha! from your Hornbill workflows: 

image.png

Documentation for this integration can be found on our wiki.

Let me know how you get on with these integrations!

Thanks,

Steve

• Thanks 1