Error creating a Project through iBridge

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

Not sure if this is a Project Manager or a Service Manager issue, but we're trying to create a Project from a SR using the iBridge (which has worked before a lot of times...) however on this one particular item, we're getting this error:

image.thumb.png.caa2510acd15315cabb5a3389ea4179e.png

The thing is, the ProjectID can't be changed or set to anything different so I'm not sure what's happened:

image.png.25ab2401230980a26f58beeae695eaea.png

Not sure if it'll help anyone take a look but the SR in question is SR00046107

Any ideas please?

thanks

6 minutes ago, alextumber said:

My initial guess is that it's failing to create the project

Your guess is correct! :) 

The project failed to create (strangely the create project API was successful!?)

Here is why:

2018-08-18 19:49:42Z [INFO]:[PROFILE]:[10136] Method Call: data:entityAddRecord (20945572025)
2018-08-18 19:49:42Z [INFO]:[SYSTEM]:[10136] Using application context: com.hornbill.projectmanager
2018-08-18 19:49:42Z [ERROR]:[SYSTEM]:[10136] XMLMC Request Failed: The text size provided (262 characters) is greater than the maximum allowable size of 255 characters for column h_quality_statement
2018-08-18 19:49:42Z [ERROR]:[PROFILE]:[10136] data:entityAddRecord() Method call results: failure (414629888 B, 2 ms, -24 kB, 0 ms, 0 kB)
2018-08-18 19:49:42Z [ERROR]:[COMMS]:[6956] Operation[data:entityAddRecord] The text size provided (262 characters) is greater than the maximum allowable size of 255 characters for column h_quality_statement
2018-08-18 19:49:42Z [ERROR]:[SCRIPT]:[6956] nodeName: Add Entity: Projects; nodeId: 9560a672-a432-416b-9a81-f89f2ee02542; "EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[data:entityAddRecord] The text size provided (262 characters) is greater than the maximum allowable size of 255 characters for column h_quality_statement"

Guest Paul Alexander

I've set the 'Quality Statement' to be ignored in the iBridge, and restarted the process...but it's still coming back with the same error....... 

@Paul Alexander what about the name, description and scope params? 

The reason I ask is that the code is set to truncate all 4 fields in exactly the same way. If there is a problem with quality statement then presumably the other input params will have the same issue. It should say in the server service log in the Admin Tool what is happening.

Alex

Guest Paul Alexander

I have no idea what I'm looking for in the logs I'm afraid (any help would be appreciated!)

However, the Project Scope is a large amount of text.......do you want me to try 'ignoring' that as well to see if it will work?

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander
Just now, Victor said:

No worries, I'll have a look....

Thanks @Victor - I wouldn't mind some guidance on this sometime though please.....you know, for next time ;) 

@Paul Alexander - ok. I have restarted the process now (successfully) The variable for project scope was also causing issues. So Project Scope and Quality Statement with the newly created project are empty so you might want to update those...

Really, don't worry about the logs, that's why you have Hornbill Premier Success ;) 

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @alextumber

I'm an early finished (or so I've been told...) so had already gone before I got this message yesterday...do you still need the info you asked for?

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @alextumber

Thanks for the update...is there anything we need to be aware of until the fix is done? Is the only way around it to ensure that there is only text in the field (up to 254 characters or whatever)?

thanks