Request Details - Custom Fields

dwalby

Hi all,

This is going to be a little difficult for me to explain...

When working in the Request Config section of a Service, it allows you to View Details Form and design the form by adding custom fields, etc. I've designed a form for a particular Service which contains a custom field - Custom A, but when attempting to design a form for another Service Custom A's display label is the same, can this be edited without affecting the config in the other Service?

Hope this makes sense :wacko:

6 minutes ago, dwalby said:

display label is the same, can this be edited without affecting the config in the other Service?

@dwalby the answer is: Yes, it can be safely edited. However the label should not be the same as the one from teh other service when adding the field...I'll ask dev team to look into this...

• Like 1

Thanks @Victor

Another question... maybe one for @Steven Boardman as he's just replied on the other thread in relation to this.

I've noticed the Change Request details form has pre-defined fields available, is it possible to automatically map ProgCap answers to the Change Request details form using the concepts outlined here? https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Mapping_Fields_from_Customised_Forms 

I can't see a mention of the pre-defined Change Request fields in the wiki but assume it'd be a case of mapping to the fields such as h_implementation_plan for example?

Following on from this, I've setup a ProgCap with a custom form that maps the completed form answers to Custom Fields within a Custom Details Form. Strangely it seems to be skipping one of the field mappings and messing up the ordering of the form.

As you can see below, the ProgCap for this field maps to h_custom_b

image.png.f147960e3f87c36ef36757d0bb565547.png

This should then map to the below Custom Field within the Details Form. As you can see the field in the form is blank but has mapped the ProgCap answer to the field below (Number of people affected which is h_custom_c)

image.thumb.png.a575dfe976e1f55986c56b44d2746147.png

Any ideas why this might be?