Task Report

Michael Sharp

@Michael Sharp I've put together this report: outstanding-tasks.report.txt

It shows a list of tasks (task ID) the due date of the task and the request reference, if the task is linked to a request (if not the request reference will show as empty). The list only includes tasks with current state having a value of 1 meaning they have not been completed, cancelled or expired. Let me know how it works ;) 

1 hour ago, Victor said:

@Michael Sharp I've put together this report: outstanding-tasks.report.txt

It shows a list of tasks (task ID) the due date of the task and the request reference, if the task is linked to a request (if not the request reference will show as empty). The list only includes tasks with current state having a value of 1 meaning they have not been completed, cancelled or expired. Let me know how it works ;) 

Thanks Victor, is it possible to add a prompt for the user to input a team as a filter?

@Michael Sharp

20 minutes ago, Michael Sharp said:

is it possible to add a prompt for the user to input a team as a filter?

Yes, but it needs some additional configuration. The most elegant way, in my opinion would be to do the following:

1. Use this report teams-list.report.txt to get a list of existing teams in your instance

2. Using the information from the above report, create a simple list of teams

image.png

In admin tool, navigate to Home - Hornbill Service Manager - Simple Lists, and click on the + button to create a new simple list (in my example I named it "Teams"). In this list add all teams that you would like to filter on outstanding tasks. Important to notice that in this list, the value needs to be in the following format: urn:sys:group:<team_id>. Replace the <team_ID> with the "Team ID" from the "Team List" report. For example, in the above screenshot, the <team_id> is "Company_1/Team_1/" which means the value in the list becomes "urn:sys:group:Company_1/Team_1/". In the Default Display filed put a user friendly name for this team.

3. Add a filter in the outstanding report to filter assignment based on values from the above list. Here is a report that does this using the simple list created in the above screenshot: outstanding-tasks-with-teams.report.txt and here is how the filter looks like in the report configuration:

image.png

Hope this helps ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 1:11 PM, Victor said:

@Michael Sharp

Yes, but it needs some additional configuration. The most elegant way, in my opinion would be to do the following:

1. Use this report teams-list.report.txt to get a list of existing teams in your instance

2. Using the information from the above report, create a simple list of teams

image.png

In admin tool, navigate to Home - Hornbill Service Manager - Simple Lists, and click on the + button to create a new simple list (in my example I named it "Teams"). In this list add all teams that you would like to filter on outstanding tasks. Important to notice that in this list, the value needs to be in the following format: urn:sys:group:<team_id>. Replace the <team_ID> with the "Team ID" from the "Team List" report. For example, in the above screenshot, the <team_id> is "Company_1/Team_1/" which means the value in the list becomes "urn:sys:group:Company_1/Team_1/". In the Default Display filed put a user friendly name for this team.

3. Add a filter in the outstanding report to filter assignment based on values from the above list. Here is a report that does this using the simple list created in the above screenshot: outstanding-tasks-with-teams.report.txt and here is how the filter looks like in the report configuration:

image.png

Hope this helps ;) 

Hi @Victor had to tweak this to present the title of the task and remove the task ID but this is a great report!  Thanks very much as always.

Mike.