Reporting Requirement

Michael Sharp

Good afternoon,

I would like a report please that shows me all tickets raised by email by the time the email was received rather than the date logged.  I need this from year to date so would like my reporting limited increased to perhaps 10k results please?  I know I spoke to @Victor regarding this yesterday.  Further to this, I would also like a report to return all requests raised by analyst so I can marry the two together (currently I don't use the self service).

Regards and thanks,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp I have put together two reports:

1. date-logged-vs-date-received.report.txt

This will return requests raised from emails and it will display the request reference, the request date/time logged and the email date/time (the date/time the email was received)

2. requests-raised-by-analysts.report.txt

This will return requests raised by analysts (not from emails). It will display the request reference and analyst ID.

You can add more filters and columns as you need.

Regarding the number of results returned by reports you can change this via the following system setting: api.xmlmc.queryExec.maxResultsAllowed

image.png

The default value for this setting is 1000. You can increase this as you need but please be aware this is hard coded limited to 20,000. I woudl also recommend to only changes this when you run teh reports and remember to change it back once the reports are complete.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Michael Sharp I have put together two reports:

1. date-logged-vs-date-received.report.txt

This will return requests raised from emails and it will display the request reference, the request date/time logged and the email date/time (the date/time the email was received)

2. requests-raised-by-analysts.report.txt

This will return requests raised by analysts (not from emails). It will display the request reference and analyst ID.

You can add more filters and columns as you need.

Regarding the number of results returned by reports you can change this via the following system setting: api.xmlmc.queryExec.maxResultsAllowed

image.png

The default value for this setting is 1000. You can increase this as you need but please be aware this is hard coded limited to 20,000. I woudl also recommend to only changes this when you run teh reports and remember to change it back once the reports are complete.

Absolute legend @Victor thanks.  Will check this out!

Regards,

Mike.

Just now, Michael Sharp said:

Absolute legend

*me blushes... ^_^ ... Well... I haven't been called a LEGEND until now !!! ... You just boosted my ego, as if it needed any more boosting :D  :D 

Jokes aside, the reports are quite basic, I am sure you would need more filters on them like date ranges and such... But first have a look at them and if anything needs added and need help, let me know ;) 

(meanwhile I am still working/looking into the task one)

On 6/28/2018 at 5:27 PM, Victor said:

*me blushes... ^_^ ... Well... I haven't been called a LEGEND until now !!! ... You just boosted my ego, as if it needed any more boosting :D  :D 

Jokes aside, the reports are quite basic, I am sure you would need more filters on them like date ranges and such... But first have a look at them and if anything needs added and need help, let me know ;) 

(meanwhile I am still working/looking into the task one)

This is a great report thanks, everything I needed for this particular requirement!