Analyst Timeout

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following please:

We have setup a wallboard that displays dashboards for our customers. The PC it uses isn't currently on our network so we log into Hornbill by bypassing AD.  This works fine however it seems to keep signing the analyst out of the session over night meaning we have to keep signing in the next morning.  Is there a way round this as it's rather annoying?

Thanks

Tina

3 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

If we set it to 0 (zero) would this mean it would never timeout?

Don't know... I'll ask internally. By the way, this setting governs all user sessions so all user session will be taking into account any changes you make to this setting.

2 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

as there is a separate setting for basic users?

which one are you talking about?

Nvm, you mean this one: communications.basicSessionIdleTimeout

So yes, the one I mentioned before is for full users (analysts) only...

16 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

If we set it to 0 (zero) would this mean it would never timeout?

Got confirmation internally. No, if you set it to 0 (zero) it will go back to the default value of 8. You can theoretically set it to a high number but keep in mind what I said that it will affect all full users/analysts.

OK at what point will it go back to 8, overnight?  The reason I say this is because I have changed it and it's currently still showing 0 after logging out and back in again.

So long as it only effects analysts that's fine.  I'm guessing it won't cause any issues around delays in notifications etc?

4 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

I'm guessing it won't cause any issues around delays in notifications etc?

Nothing to do with notifications. Is all about the session. It might not go "back" to 8, is more like if it is 0, Hornbill ignores the value and applies the default value for session expiry (8 hrs) when creating the session...